02 September 2010

Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (2001)


Trailer

I remember too, how you fell into me as a child. You had dropped your shoe.
So basically: Chihiro is moving with her parents to the country when they get lost in the woods and go on a walk. In a seemingly abandoned amusement park, they stumble upon streets filled with restaurants and her parents sit down for a meal - which turns them into pigs. Chihiro then wanders into a bathhouse in the realm of gods and has to stay there and work until she can change her parent into humans.

I'm pretty sure this is the most highly praised Studio Ghibli film, and I can definitely see why. Of course the animation is beautiful, that's to be expected, but the world that it created is beautiful, too. The score is also very noteworthy and compliments the atmosphere very well. I think the biggest reason why this movie is so brilliant is all the characters. They're all so wonderful and memorable.

This movie defs deserves to be on the list.

Ziggi seal of approval!

1 comment:

  1. The food in this movie, always makes me so hungry. I love the soot balls, I love...Everything really. It's a great movie. Beautiful, great plot...It's pretty much a big part of my childhood how could I not like it?

    ReplyDelete