01 February 2011

Fa Yeung Nin Wa (2000)


Trailer

What a pain! I'd just go to get laid.
So basically: In 1962 Hong Kong, two young couples move next door to each other at the same time. Mrs Chan is married to a businessman who is often out of the country and Mr Chow is a newspaper editor married to a woman who is away often, as well. The two form a friendship, but become suspicious that their spouces are having an affair. In order to understand, the two roleplay each others' spouse having the affair, vowing not to fall in love themselves.

This did not sound interesting. Which makes sense, because it wasn't. I don't understand why it was set in the 60s, either. Just a preference?? I saw no point. I had to watch it in three sittings because it was just that boring.

Yup, it was just a boring film. I don't see how people can like it ... so, no does not deserve to be on the list!

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

5 comments:

  1. Stumbled across your blog and was in awe of the task u undertook....awesome job. While reading some the reviews, I found them to be similar to my views on the films...until I read this one. I absolutely love this movie and Wong Kar Wai is amongst my fav directors. Apart from the stunningly beautiful visuals and soundtrack, the love story itself is so sad and beautiful at the same time. The performances are brilliant and the direction superb. One usually needs to watch Wong Kar Wai's films twice at least, from my experience. I hated Chungking Express on first view and then fell in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh yey :D Thank you. I love getting new readers!

    hmm, maybe if I watch it again. I don't think I'd ever want to, though. As I said, I just didn't connect with it.
    But, to each his own, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really lame review.....
    my dear friend these type of movies are not for time pass fun...only a true cinema lover who can actually appreciate the acting,plot and cinematography of the film will agree with me that it is perhaps one of the best movies in its genre.....
    i can understand why you found it boring just like my all friends who only look for entertainment quotient in movies....
    well people need to understand that not every movie is meant for amusement purpose....
    i shall conclude by saying that one should not comment irrelevant things about something which they donot understand !!!!
    i am sorry if i hav offended you but this is what i feel !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember saying anywhere in this review that this needed some more entertainment. I know I have said that about other films in my blog, but those are other films. Not this one.

    I said I didn't connect with it. That was my problem with it.

    ReplyDelete