28 February 2011

True Grit (2010)


Trailer

Backwards. I always go backwards when I back up.
So basically: After the death of her father, 14 year old Mattie Ross hires Rooster Cogburn to assist in the arrest of the murderer, Tom Chaney. He reluctantly agrees and they set out together, much to his dismay. Also on the hunt for Tom Chaney is LaBoeuf from Texas.

I wasn't very interested in this film when I found out it was on the list. And it wasn't until it was over that I found out it was a Coen Brothers' film. So yeah, watching it was alright. It is a Coen Brothers' film, so it was, of course, enjoyable and had some good dialogue - especially coming from Mattie. She was defs worth watching it for. But, I rly don't understand the renewal of Westerns. I don't know. It just doesn't look right with our cameras and stuff, y'know? One last thing: WTF?! Why isn't Hailee Steinfeld credited on the poster before Josh Brolin??? ACK! And SUPPORTING ROLE?! Excuse me?! I'm pretter sure she plays the main character, thank you very much.

It's an alright film, but I don't think it deserves to be on the list.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

2 comments:

  1. fuck yeah troll the bitches :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this film was awesome, and I ain't really a Western person - okay, I liked Quick and the Dead and I liked Firefly (though it ain't really a Western...is it?). Yeah, and I liked High Plains Drifter. Dammit, think I'm destroying my argument here... Anyways, I thought the characters were well done, thought their relationships were good, thought the score was total awesomesauce.

    ReplyDelete