02 January 2011

Casablanca (1942)


Trailer

Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
So basically: Rick Blain owns the most famous club in unoccupied French Africa during the Second World War. Casablanca is a stopping ground for Europeans fleeing to America. Czech underground leader Victor Laszlo is one of these emigrates, along with his wife, Ilsa. Rick has his hands on the papers that Laszlo needs to get out of Africa, but he refuses to hand them over due to his past relationship with Ilsa in Paris.

If you people have been keeping up, you’ll know my distaste for Humphrey Bogart. This was the first film I saw him in, before I knew who he was, so I do not dislike him in the film. I actually think he did a pretty good job with the role – I still don’t think he is what Hollywood seems to think he is, but for this one, I’ll let it slide. Ingrid Bergman is a lovely actress, which is nice alongside Humphrey Bogart, though! But, yeah, it’s Casablanca! Everyone loves this movie, don’t they? It’s, like, the ultimate romance movie, and it has just a bit of action in to please everyone else.

Can I say this movie doesn’t deserve to be on the list? It’s Casablanca! Of course it deserves to be on the list!

Ziggi seal of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment