08 January 2011

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)


Trailer

Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?
So basically: Their stroll takes them to a VOLCANO! And some epic battles ensue.

Okay, so this film is pretty epic. It’s full of epic battles and scenes of epicess. I mean, if you remember my review of Glory, you know that I abhor the meaning of glory in war. There is no glory or good shit in war. But, this movie makes it seem like there is. There’s this awesome feeling at the beginning of every battle. This awe at the power of man-kind. And while I’m at it, where the fuck are the elves? They were so there 3,000 years ago, and I know they are all about ‘It’s a man’s world now we need to go at sea and DIE’ but like, srs? Legolas is the only elf? Don’t they care about the fate of Middle Earth at ALL?! They are still there! Anyway, still an epic movie, espec with the ghosts, which is like my favourite scenes. And Merry and Pippin are awesome in this movie as well. My only problem is the complete lack of care to the Frodo storyline – y’kno, the actual point of the story. When it cuts back to their scenes, you’re like, oops forgot about those guys …

Anyway, still an epic movie, so defs deserves to be on the list.

Ziggi seal of approval!

1 comment: