28 December 2010

C'era Una Volta il West (1968)


Trailer

How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants. 
So basically: On the day his new wife is due to arrive from New Orleans, a farmer and his three children are slaughtered. Mrs McBain, now a widow, arrives to find her family slaughtered and two men, Cheyenne and Harmonica, team up to help her and find whoever is responsible.

I have to be honest and say that I’m studying for exams and did not pay the utmost attention to this movie. Mostly because I don’t like Westerns. And I don’t have a very memorable experience of this film from the last time I saw it, so I doubted, even with paying full attention, that this film would get a seal of approval. But, I hold Sergio Leone in high esteem as a director and as such I can appreciate this film – it was very beautiful and the score was exciting, it did get annoying by the end, but I come to expect this from Westerns. I can’t really say anything else, because of the reasons given, but this film did not catch my fancy.

Despite all the bias on the IMDb page – seriously! in the synopsis (both of them, since they changed the lay-out) the writers lace them with their own review. HELLO! That is what the review section is for! I expect to get an unbiased rundown of the movie, thank you! I don’t need to hear your input! – I can’t say that this deserves to be on the list. But, it’s definitely worth any Western/Sergio Leone fans to watch.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

No comments:

Post a Comment