19 December 2010

Memento (2000)


Trailer

Remember Sammy Jankis.
So basically: After the rape and murder of his wife, Leonard suffers from short-term memory loss. He writes himself messages, carries photos of people, and tattoos himself with clues to find his wife’s second attacker, who the police don’t believe exist.

I’ve seen this movie at least 3 times, this might have been my fourth, and I still don’t have it figured all out. Which is what I love about it. It’s like a new film every time. I hope one day I’ll figure it all out, but I rly am in no rush. The order. Oh the order of the film is fabulous, I thought. It really makes you invested into the film and adds to the experience – or confuses the hell out of you! Watch it again if you don’t understand. I promise it’s worth it!

Defs deserves to be on the list.

Ziggi seal of approval!

4 comments:

  1. ...What do you mean you haven't figured it out? It's kinda...I dunno. I didn't like it that much. I mean it was okay, but it was also blah. Like yes, it is cool the way they do it. Here's a piece here that is the end to the beginning of the piece that will happen next. Don't you feel like you have memory loss!? No. But I wish I did. I mean yes it was a reaaaally cool concept and well executed but at the end I felt like "Okay. So what?" not something I'd watch again. Pretty much he just needlessly kills people to make him feel better about something that was actually his fault...Deserves to be beat with a stick. And then he'd forget and then I'd BEAT HIM WITH IT AGAIN!

    I just noticed there is no reason for me to not like this movie...But yep. Don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, maybe because it's done by Christopher Nolan? Or at least that's what you can tell people :P [without offending them]

    I mean, I don't know whether or not to believe what the film makes "obvious".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whether it's obvious or not, his memory loss keeps him killing people. That's the end result of that movie, he's killed at least one person and is going to kill another...Because it's convenient for his memory loss brain to have a quest. Stick. Beat. Forget. Repeat.

    That's actually an awesome rhyme...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, yeah. I dunno. I think it's interesting.

    ReplyDelete