12 December 2010

Léon (1994)


Trailer

Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid? 
So basically: Twelve year old Mathilda lives in New York with her family, who she doesn’t get on well with. Her little brother is the only one she has a connection to. One day, when she is out shopping, a corrupt policeman shows up, angry at her father, who supplies them with drugs, for giving them an unsatisfactory stock. She witnesses her family being murdered and quickly takes refuge in her neighbour’s apartment. She discovers that her neighbour, Léon, is a professional assassin and asks for his help in exacting revenge for her baby brother.

I think this movie is pretty epic. Natalie Portman is fabulous (it’s very lovely not seeing her as Padmé!) in this film. I can’t think of any other 13 year old who could act that brilliantly – and I don’t think I’d want to see anyone else try, the world of kid actors has really sucked lately. Jean Reno was also awesome as Léon. And of course, who doesn’t love movies about assassins, really?

I kno I just raved about the actors, but the story is really good, too. So, defs deserves to be on the list!

Ziggi seal of approval!

1 comment: