13 December 2010

North by Northwest (1959)


Trailer

I think I’d like to meet these killers.
So basically: Roger O. Thornhill, a New York advertising executive, is thrown into the world of spies when he is picked up by foreign agents thinking he’s a Mr Kaplan. Thornhill travels to the midwest as a fugitive, after mistakenly being called a murderer, and meets a beautiful woman, Eve Kendall. Together, they have to discover the mysteries revolving around Kaplan.

I definitely like this film better than most Alfred Hitchcock films. That being said, I don’t think this film is all that great. It lacks any sort of depth. Yeah. I didn’t feel any connection to the story, the bad guys didn’t anger or frighten me or do anything they’re supposed to do, or anything. The scenes are pretty, though, and they’re very memorable, but I think that’s all this film has going for it.

No, this doesn’t deserve to be on the list, sorry folks.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

No comments:

Post a Comment