10 December 2010

Forrest Gump (1994)


Trailer

Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
So basically: This film chronicles the life of Forrest Gump, a simple minded boy from Greenbow, Alabama. Forrest sits at the bus stop and tells his life story to whoever is going to listen to him: from when he was a little boy and befriended Jenny, to when he went to Vietnam during the war, and when he ran back and forth across the country. Forrest Gump, then, has a small role to play in many major events in American History, even so far as to teach Elvis how to dance!

I want to hate this movie! I rly rly do! It’s just one of those movies that seem very overrated, but as soon as you watch them you can’t help but fall in love. Ok, maybe not fall in love because some parts of this movie annoy me or I find boring, but on the whole, this is a really good film. I do have to watch it at least once a year, not that I purposefully do, it just ends up that way. It was also one of those movies I watched after everyone else started quoting “run Forrest run” so I kind of had a hatred for it. But, I got over it, and Tom Hanks is pretty awesome.

Defs worth checking out … is there still people who haven’t seen it? I guarantee you will at least like some segments of this movie – since there are so many different parts, right? And yes, it is a bit long and kind of drags at some points, but it’s those good parts – your favourites – that make it worth it (like, I’m a big American History nerd, so this movie has a lot of interesting parts for me, but there are many others!).

Ziggi seal of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment