03 July 2010

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)


Trailer

Robin and Will are totally gay together.
So basically: if you don't know the story of Robin Hood then you're living under a rock. Please come out, your computer might get squished.

Those tights! That hat! That hair! Charming film. My favourite part is when Little John pushes Robin into the water. He totes deserves it, he's just so full of himself. I guess that's what leading men do, tho. They're always so arrogant, and yet they're also kind and heroic, fighting for what's right, and so on, always getting the girl. They totes do not deserve to get the girl. Poor Marian. I don't like her. Oh well, she's just a product of her time, eh? I do prefer Men in Tights to this version, tho, but I'm not really fond of the whole Robin Hood story - except, well, who doesn't love the Disney version? Robin's a fox! And Friar Tuck is so adorbs in the Disney one. He's pretty cool in this one, too. It's definitely a movie people should see.

That doesn't mean it deserves to be on the list. I don't actually think it does. Personal opinion, is all.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

3 comments:

  1. I have a feeling these movies have a lot more homosexuality here than anywhere else :P

    Well, my rock has never damaged my computer, but that WOULD have to be an especially heavy rock to block out Robin Hood.

    Lol, since this review ends up talking about other versions more than this one, it probably doesn't deserve the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. The list loves homo-eroticism

    It might eventually, tho. I need to culture you more. also, phew!

    Nado :< It still is an awesome movie, as far as Robin Hood goes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, first of all, screw you, this movie is awesome, it definitely deserves to be on the list. It’s one of the greatest adventure flicks of all time and I don’t know how you can prefer Men in Tights to this, which wasn’t even that good, however this movie is timeless. A great movie that deserved a better review.

    ReplyDelete