07 July 2010

Patton (1970)


Trailer

I cannot find this effing movie.
So basically: this movie is apparently about a General named Patton in some kind of war. Probably World War 2. I'm guessing. I heard it's really good and one of the best war movies ever. We shall see, maybe. If I can ever find it.

Stupid stupid movie. Who makes a movie this hard to find? Srs?! Stupid Coppola! Also, stupid library! I had my friend put it on hold and since I wasn't there, I just assumed it was gunna be DVD. 'Cause, like, all movies from the library are DVD and occasionally VHS. BUT NO! The library decided it wanted to be cool and get some Blu-rays. Fine. What are the chances that a movie from the 70's is gunna be Blu-rayed and AT the library, which is SO outdated anyway. So, I had it on hold and I went all the way across the city in blistering heat (like 40 degrees, whole crap, and humid!) on the stupid bus which takes, like, half an hour and get to the library only to find out that it was a blu-ray copy. What a waste of time!

I can't say for certain if this movie deserves the "prestige." I hope to Bucket that it does, 'cause if it turns out not to be one of the awesomest movies I've ever seen I'm going to be even more mad!

Ziggi seal of disapproval!



... ahem. Oops. Let's try that again, shall we?



Trailer

Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
So basically: General George S Patton arrives in North Africa just after the Allies' first encounter with the Germans. He is disgusted at the way the camp is being run and starts running it his way. Also in Africa is British Field Marshal Montgomery, who is just as egotistical as Patton. Patton and Montgomery now rival with each other in both Africa and Italy.

I was actually looking forward to watching this; I honestly thought I might like it. OMG! I couldn't be more wrong. I mean, the character of Patton looks very interesting on paper, but I didn't get that from the film. Also, the entire film is totes boring. The action doesn't flow and takes way too long to do anything. Each time I got distracted and then looked back on screen all they were doing was saluting or blowing shit up. It's like a 1970's version of a Michael Bay film.

I don't get why people think this movie is so great. Does not deserve to be on the list at all.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

1 comment:

  1. What a crap review, this film was excellent. Boring is the last word I’d use to describe this great film. “It’s a 1970’s version of a Michael Bay film” I don’t know how anyone can say that because it’s totally untrue. This is an amazing and important movie, stick to Marvel/DC flicks.

    ReplyDelete