10 July 2010

Network (1976)


Trailer

I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!
So basically: Howart Beale is a news anchor whose ratings are going down the tubes. He's just gotten the announcement that he's going to be fired, and when he's on the air, he tells his audience. He also tells them that the news network was the only thing he had in his life and now he's going to kill himself - on national television! Horrified, the network cuts him off. They are shocked to find that the public likes this and their ratings are now rising drastically.

I don't care for this film at all! The highlight is, of course, Faye Dunaway in a brilliant performance (though let's just all pretend that affair thing didn't happen). So, yeah, I'm sure it's a good film for those who are into all that, but I didn't like it. It just wasn't my film. It was interesting enough the first time, but the second time it seemed boring.

I don't think this movie actually deserves to be on the list.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

1 comment:

  1. Bad review, this is one of the best films ever made. I didn’t find it boring at all, it was super interesting and the movie is still relevant today. It’s an amazing, timeless classic. I think this movie definitely deserves a spot on the list, plus you barley even critiqued the film. You are a terrible reviewer, please quit.

    ReplyDelete