23 July 2010

Judgment at Nuremberg (1961)


Trailer

Look! It's William Shatner! Look! It's William Shatner again!
So basically: It's been three years since World War II ended and the Nuremberg Trials are still being held. Four judges are on trial for doing their job and upholding the Nazi regime's laws and persecuting innocent people based on their race alone. The Allies and Germany are both tired of the trails and want to keep them in the past, a dilemma one judge faces as he listens to the testimonies of the guilty judges.

I'm kind of angry at this film, to tell you the truth. I really don't think the judges should have been found guilty, but I guess they couldn't change historical fact. And what's with all the Americans? I thought that the trials were being held by all the Allies? Maybe my (limited) knowledge is wrong, but still, even if it's historically accurate, that's still dumb. They sat there being all pompous and presuming they knew what was right, when they couldn't have even imagined what Germany was going through in the 30's! Oh, and please don't mistake me, I don't sympathize with Nazi Germany at all, nor condone Hitler and co.'s actions. Anyway, aside from that, it was a really good film, once I got over my anger. It's brilliantly acted and doesn't get dull - which might seem likely given it's a three hour courtroom drama with historical significance.

Yeah, sure, let this be on the list. It was a pretty important picture to make and it does keep the audience watching.

Ziggi seal of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment