03 July 2010

Mulholland Dr. (2004)


Trailer

It's like being punched in the face by your grandmother: confusing and not very fun.
So basically: The first 4/5ths of the movie we think we're following a woman named Rita (who has lost her memory) through Los Angeles. She meets up with a new girl in town, Betty, and they try to solve the mystery of Rita's life, the car crash that caused her amnesia, and the money in her purse. ...and then they pull an Alice in Wonderland and it turns out it was all just Betty's dream. Betty is actually Diane Selwyn (the girl Rita thinks she is in the dream world), who is in love with the real Rita - Camilla. Confused yet?

Oh god. Worst movie evar! It's like, a punch in the face by a confusion monster with some slightly creepy lesbian sex and crasterbation. I totes called the lesbianism before it happened, btdubs. But besides that, I did not like this movie at all. I didn't get it the first time, well, mostly didn't get it, then on the second viewing (and with a little bit of help from IMDb) I got it, but I still did not like it. If you need IMDb to figure something out, it's too effing "arsty." wtf David Lynch?! Gah!

I can think of at least 100 movies (please don't ask me to prove that) that are better than this, so no, no "prestige", no hype, nothing. Don't watch it. Unless you're into that kind of thing, in which case, well, knock yourself out.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

4 comments:

  1. Lmfao. You are hilarious. And no, getting punched in the face by your grandmother would probably not be very fun.

    Ziggi, you ALWAYS call lesbianism.

    That was a pretty admirable summation considering the movie. You actually make it look like it sort of makes sense in some way.

    From the bits I've seen: gah indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Locki :P

    I kno! It's 'cause I'm awesome!

    Thanks :) I'm proud of my work. It does make sense, on the second viewing. Still effed up, tho

    GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok - this comment:

    ... it's too effing "arsty." ...

    immediately disqualifies you as a serious reviewer.

    no wonder you dislike good films. go back to disney channel ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, you can screw off, because this movie is brilliant. You just didn’t get, go back to watching DC flicks.

    ReplyDelete