06 July 2010

Wo Hu Cang Long (2000)


Trailer

Animals in Different Positions.
So basically: Li Mu Bai is a famous warrior with a magnificent sword. He wants to give it all up and sends his sword, the Green Destiny, to an old friend as a gift. There, the sword is taken by a mysterious thief that rivals Li Mu Bai in fighting. Li Mu Bai must now get his sword back while at the same time find and kill Jade Fox, the woman who murdered his master.

This film is basically just an epic love story between the thief, Jen Yu, and a bandit from the West. It's an alright film, but formulaic in its execution. Also, the end was a cop-out. Movies that end with the main character killing themselves to get out of all they've done wrong annoy me. I also did not like the character of Jen Yu at all! She was sooo badly written. I liked Shu Lien, tho, she was pretty cool. And the fight scenes are brilliant to watch. Those people who think that it's cheesy and fake and that it should be explained how they can do all those things are stupid. I'm sorry. Suspend your belief in gravity for a little while, ok? It's just how it's done. Accept that. It's cool. I wish I could fly! And it looks awesome. The part about this film that irks me the most is the choice in actors. None of them were native Mandarin speakers and that made them all have weird accents that were hard for native speakers to understand! Geez, stupid Hollywood, ruining pictures.

I don't understand why people like this movie so much. It was an alright movie, but nowhere near as good as I thought it was going to be. Does not deserve to be on the list at all. But, check it out if you're just looking for an alright movie, nothing special.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

No comments:

Post a Comment