11 July 2010

Rocky (1976)


Trailer

You hang out with yo-yo people, you get yo-yo friends.
So basically: Rocky Balboa is a small time boxer who thinks he can't get anywhere. Apollo Creed's bicentennial fight is coming up and he needs an opponent; what's more American than a nobody rising to the top? Creed picks Rocky as his opponent and Rocky accepts so that he can prove to himself that he can go the distance.

This movie is basically a rom-com for guys. Srs, it's not so much about boxing (which seems like the main plot) as it is about Rocky and Adrian's relationship. The scene in the skating rink was defs my favourite and just shows how much Rocky wants to be with her. Come on, if you don't believe me, just watch the end - what is Rocky more focused on after he looses, the fight and the news people or Adrian? Yeah. I wasn't expecting to like this movie at all - I don't like sports/fighting movies - but I was surprised that it was enjoyable.

I think people should see this movie, even if they're not expecting to like it, they might be surprised like me. It does deserve to be on the list.

Ziggi seal of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment