30 July 2010

Groundhog Day (1993)


Trailer

The National Weather Service is calling for a "big blizzard thing!"
So basically: Phil Conners is an arrogant prick of a weather man who is sent to Punxsutawney to do a report on Groundhog Day. He's been doing this report for 3 years and he expects this time to be just like any other - boring and to only last one day. However, the next morning he finds he's woken up on February 2nd again. And again. And again. At first, he pities himself. Then, he uses his time to woo the girl of his dreams, the network producer, Rita.

Prior to this viewing, I hadn't seen this movie in a really long time, but I remembered liking it. So, I was really looking forward to seeing it. I was disappointed. Firstly, I forgot how much of a prick Phil really was and I was totes expecting him to learn from his mistakes, but I honestly don't think he did. And what's with all the women? Every single one of them made me mad! They were so easy to get into bed with. Of course, not Rita. It took him forever to get her into bed with him. And why was he trying so hard? Love isn't like that. You don't have to know everything about them to date them. That's what getting to know them is like. And sure, I can see him being in love with her, but she totes hated him at the beginning of the day and then fell in love with him at the end? It took her, like, 12 hours to completely change her view of him. I'm sorry, wut?! Anyway, it totally irks me as a romance movie, but it did have some good laughs.

I don't know why this is on the list!

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

4 comments:

  1. I watched it eight years ago. Going to re-watch it when I get to it on the list. I liked it the first time though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did remember liking it as a kid, but not any more. :(
    I hope you like it, though

    ReplyDelete
  3. You missed the point completely, but...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? This movie is probably one of the greatest comedies of all time. I think this movie held up. You’re judging it as a romance film when it is really trying to be a comedy, and as a comedic film, it succeeded. You completely missed the point of the movie.

    ReplyDelete