14 August 2010

Batman Begins (2005)


Trailer

If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart.
So basically: Millionaire Bruce Wayne wants revenge on his parents' killer, but has not the power to do so, yet. As an adult, he flees to Asia where he studies under Henri Ducard and Ra's Al Ghul. However, he does not find their methods acceptable and returns to his home of Gotham City. Taking on the form of a bat, Bruce scores the streets of Gotham seeking justice and fighting the corruption that has plagued the city for so long.

Batman is probably my favourite super hero - tho I'm not much a fan of the genre, in general - and this movie is alright, but it just doesn't do it for me. It feels too real. I mean, that's cool, yey real super heroes and such, but it doesn't feel like a super hero movie. It's missing the awesomeness factor - I'm pretty sure Christopher Nolan was trying to make it more real, too. That bugs me. And Christian Bale's voice when he's Batman? Why?! I makes me cry inside. It gets worse in The Dark Knight, too.

I don't much like it as a movie and it certainly doesn't deserve to be on the list.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

No comments:

Post a Comment