04 August 2010

Million Dollar Baby (2004)


Trailer

It's the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody sees but you.
So basically: Maggie Fitzgerald is from the middle of nowhere Missouri and is working a dead-end job as a waitress. She decides to pursue her dream and become a boxer, only she needs a trainer. She seeks out hardened veteran Frankie Dunn to coach her, but he refuses to train girls. Not wanting to give up, she registers at his gym and starts training herself until Dunn gets frustrated and agrees to help her make it to the top.

This is what I mean when I say Clint Eastwood is over-rated. I hate him as an actor. I don't think he's any good and his voice is terrible! Morgan Freeman's voice, on the other hand, was made for narration and he does it splendidly in this film. Hilary Swank is also one of my favourite actresses and she is brilliant in this film. However, I don't see anything in this movie that really stands out. I think if Maggie was a man this movie wouldn't be so praised - but yey for a movie about women boxing, that's pretty awesome. Or it would be, if Clint Eastwood wasn't in it.

This movie was just kind of average, so I don't think it deserves to be on the list.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

No comments:

Post a Comment