28 August 2010

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)


Trailer

Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
So basically: In 1925, two men living in Mexico, Fred C Dobbs and Bob Curtin, are down on their luck. They get together with an aging prospector, Howard, and travel the Mexican mountains looking for gold. Their travels are filled with deceit, mistrust, bandits, and much more.

I can see why people would like this movie. The whole thing is filled with adventure and stuff that people generally like in movies. It’s like when you think to the fifties and the boys playing cowboys and bandits, that kind of feel. Honestly, for me, while it was entertaining enough, I didn’t enjoy it. But if you like that kind of American adventure movie – I hope everyone knows what I’m talking about – you will defs enjoy this one.

Although I didn’t like this movie personally, I can see the appeal and it does deserve to be on the list, not that high, tho.

Ziggi seal of approval.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the best adventure movies ever made, I don’t understand how you wouldn’t find this enjoyable. It’s a freaking awesome movie, watch it again.

    ReplyDelete