31 August 2010

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)


Trailer

Well, technically speaking, the operation is brain damage, but it's on a par with a night of heavy drinking.
So basically: On Valentine's Day, Joel plans on making up with his girlfriend, Clementine, after a huge fight ending in them breaking up. When he arrives at her work, Clementine doesn't seem to recognize him. When he tells his friends about it, he sees a piece of paper informing his friends that Clementine has erased Joel from her memory. Outraged, Joel goes to the clinic to have the same procedure done to himself.

I liked this film when I first saw it, but I didn't think it was one of those movies that I'd rewatch. I quickly changed my mind after this viewing, however. It's a romance movie at its core, but it goes so beyond that. The way the story is told - the clinic that erases memories - is unique and clever. I dunno, this movie is just really good. So go watch it, okay?

This movie totes deserves to be on the list. My review doesn't give it justice - I should stop writing them when my brain is hurting.

Ziggi seal of approval!

1 comment:

  1. I remember really really enjoying this movie. Especially her character...*sighs* Good movie.

    ReplyDelete