08 August 2010

The Manchurian Candidate (1962)


Trailer

Intelligence officer. Stupidity officer is more like it.
So basically: A POW soldier, Raymond Shaw, returns from the Korean War as a decorated hero, but mystery surrounds the merits of his heroism. When two of his platoon members start having reoccurring nightmares, one of them goes to investigate Shaw’s current activities.

I hated this movie the first time I saw it, but I blamed most of it due to the quality of the film I was watching. However, I had a DVD copy this time and still could not get into it. There is nothing in this film to draw me into it and none of the characters have any depth. And it was so confusing! I’d like to think that I’m intelligent enough to get most movies, especially on the second viewing, but I’m sorry, WUT? I just don’t think this film was put together very well.

No, defs not deserving of the list.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, horrible taste. This movie is an excellent classic. You found it confusing, boring, and hard to follow. Maybe stick to simpler movies then, because your tastes are garbage.

    ReplyDelete