13 August 2010

No Country for Old Men (2007)


Trailer

What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss?
So basically: When Llewelyn Moss stumbles upon a shoot-out while hunting, he finds a case full of money among the dead bodies. Thinking he can get away with it, he takes the case home and tells his wife to go to her mother's until he has everything sorted out. Chigurh, a emotionless murderer, is hired to retrieve the money after the botched drug exchange, only to find it missing. He then goes in pursuit of Moss.

Based on the reviews of Fargo and The Big Lebowski, you can probably guess how I feel about the Coen Brothers. Or, at least, that I don't hate them (people seem to have to love or hate the them, with no inbetween). I didn't know this was a Coen Brothers' film before watching it, and when I found out I was totally surprised. It's nothing like Fargo or The Big Lebowski (I've seen Burn After Reading, too, and didn't like it) and that saddens me. It's an alright movie. Excellent characters, brilliant acting, beautifully shot, ect. but the story isn't interesting nor is the dialogue.

It's a good movie and I can see why people would love it, but I don't think it deserves to be on the list.

Ziggi seal of disapproval.

2 comments:

  1. Nah, this is a great movie. It’s another brilliant masterpiece from the Coen Brothers, it definitely deserves to be on the list. Not every movie needs to have a grounded story. It’s an atmospheric, character driven piece and I guess it’s not for everyone. But it’s an amazing film, sorry but I think you’re wrong about this one.

    ReplyDelete