10 August 2010

High Noon (1952)


Trailer

I wouldn't leave this town at noon for all the tea in China.
So basically: Will Kane has just got married and is prepared to turn in his Marshal's badge to live with his wife in peace. However, the man he put in jail five years ago has received a pardon and will be in town on the twelve o'clock train. Frank Miller, the outlaw returning home, has vowed to kill Kane. Instead of going on his honeymoon, Kane stays in town and waits till noon, trying to gather up a posse to go against Miller, but no one wants to join.

I am pretty sure this was my first Western - at least the first one I watched all the way through. I'm glad it was. It's a good introduction into the genre, but I wouldn't say it's one of the best Westerns. The fact that it is run in real time is pretty cool, but the movie's pace is a bit slow due to this. There is a bit of suspense, but not enough to keep the audience at the edge of their seat for the whole hour.

It's an alright movie, but I don't think it deserves to be on the list.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

1 comment: